Signing up for Trustly Direct Debit (UK) is always done on the merchant’s website. Direct debit can be either a distinct transaction or be followed up by an instant payment as part of the same order.
The steps for signing up with Trustly Direct Debit may differ depending on the merchant, but the usual steps are as follows:
- Select your bank: From the list of banks, select the bank you would like to use. If your bank is not listed, it is not available with Trustly.
- Identification: Enter your personal number or other information used as identification by the selected bank.
- Authentication: Authenticate yourself by signing in using your own internet banking device or BankID (or similar method depending on the bank).
- Select account and accept Terms & Conditions: From the list of all your accounts, select the bank account you wish to connect the Direct Debit mandate to. The account must be a personal checking or savings account as our service does not support business accounts.
- [Optional] When signup is part of a deposit: Sign the instant payment.